In 2018, through the leadership and direction of the Board of Trustees, CBMS began participating in the Georgia Education Tax Credit under the oversight of the Georgia Student Scholarship Organization, Inc. (GASSO). By redirecting your Georgia state tax dollars, you can make a difference in a child’s life. Specifically, the Georgia Student Scholarship Organization (GASSO) provides a portion of tuition assistance to Georgia public school students entering grades pre-K to 12. This program has the potential to not only attract quality Georgia students to CBMS, but it would also give those students a choice in their future.
Donors can designate CBMS to receive their scholarship donation. If students have friends and relatives who pay Georgia Income Tax, the relatives/friends can make a donation and specify CBMS receive the scholarship. The relatives/friends receive dollar for dollar credit off their GA Income Tax and students benefit by receiving a scholarship that can substantially reduce the cost for tuition.
· Check out the new GaSSO Scholarship Process video!
· An individual can donate up to $1000. A married couple filing a separate return can donate up to $1250 each. A married couple filing a joint return can donate up to $2500.
· A small business owner can donate up to $10,000.
· A corporation paying GA Income Tax can donate up to 75% of its GA tax liability.
· Scholarships are awarded upon recommendation from the participating private schools based on merit, need, and/or other criteria. Scholarship application forms are available from the participating Private Schools.
Please, do not miss out on the opportunity to participate in this program and support CBMS! Visit www.GeorgiaSSO.us TODAY to submit your request to make a 2020 donation. The process of participation is very simple, and only takes a few minutes. If you have any questions, please call the school at 770-253-2135. We are happy to help you!